Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Heavy, dude

Oddly, I talked about weight yesterday, and then this new show came on:
The premise is that they take 2 obese people to a food rehab place for a month in order to transform them-
I watched about 20 minutes of the show, and it bothered me.
For those 20 minutes, I saw fitness coaches pushing them into exercise.  They were walking, lifting weights, and doing various crunches and lunges. 
OKAY...so I should lose weight by strenuous exercise and having people check my cupboards for contraband?
What about counseling for what and why they eat?  What about teaching them to live in the real world?  Why do all these shows push for quick weight loss through pain and torture?  basically, every show I have seen forces the overweight people to work out and cut out every "bad food"  to such an extreme that they are losing 5+ pounds a week.
This isn't real life, nor is is healthy.  Remember my word for the year? Moderation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment